Monday, March 17, 2014

Journal Post

Over several years of institute and child-free adult Sunday School classes (AKA my single years, AKA classes where I was actually able to use my scriptures) I seem to have acquired a lot of junk in my scripture case. I've decided to clean it out this morning and throw most of it away. However, there are actually a few quotes that I'd like to preserve without cluttering my scriptures.

"Strong doctrine rids Jesus of weak disciples." --Bruce R. McConkie

"Just as pondering the scriptures invites the Holy Ghost, so does daily pleading in prayer. He will rarely come, and without our petition He is not likely to linger." --Henry B. Eyring, General Conference Oct 1997

"Your only options are to trust yourself or God. Since you are already struggling, it only makes sense to turn to God." --Jacee Tidwell

Uncredited quotes (probably just me paraphrasing comments made in class):

"When you look at life through the power of your testimony, how different the choices we make become."

"Even if we do mess up in our lives, there's always a chance for us to become something great."

"Think like Christ would think, not like Emily would."


No comments: