Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Two-week check up

  • Since we are still feeding on demand, the stars aligned just right for it her to, of course, be hungry at the time for her appointment
  • That wasn't so bad at first because I could just feed her in the waiting room--and cart her dead weight attached to my person back and forth between the window and my seat while taking care of paperwork and insurance cards and whatnot
  • Her meal ended too soon, which made her unhappy
  • They pricked her heal for her second round of newborn screenings, which made her exceedingly unhappy
  • I did not feel the urge to cry during the torture, but my Comforting Muscle reared its head in a way I've never experienced.  I just want to scoop her up and get her away from the mean nurse (who was actually very nice and very quick)
  • I feel like I owe her cuddles for the rest of the day
  • She calmed down to really sad whimpers by the time we were going home
  • She ate desperately when we got home....poor, sad, hungry little thing
  • But then she slept like a rock: 




  • I slept like a rock with her.  I couldn't leave her to nap alone after all that trauma! She needed my snuggles.
  • Oh! And they didn't tell me all her stats, but she has gained about 2 pounds since birth.  She weighed 9-something as of this morning.

3 comments:

Sarah Fruge said...

So precious! :)

Louise Jeter said...

These two pictures are so cute! Love her innocent little face.

Darilyn said...

Love her chubby cheeks! That is one content little baby—good job!