Saturday, February 16, 2013

Honesty time:

I want to share this link because it describes the emotions (roller coaster!) I've felt since Emma was born much clearer than I've been able to while speaking with Darren or pondering by myself.  I feel like every mom could probably benefit from it. I know it was super comforting to me, and I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels/has felt this way. Definitely worth a read. I especially love the last couple of paragraphs.

One day this new life will be my normal (says the new mom as she types an entire post one-handed... =))

"I Became a Mother and Died to Live"

Our angel is 2 weeks old today


2 comments:

Erin said...

Ugh. I LOVE THIS. It's a perfect description...even now, 2.5 years later. There are some days when I still feel like it's all brand new and I mourn what used to be while still loving my child and being a mother. I mourn the fact that I will apparently never be able to go the bathroom alone again. I mourn being able to "just run to the store". And at the same time, I can't wait to load up my little and take her with me because I am so proud to be her mother (most of the time).

Anonymous said...

This post scared me. As if I wasn't scared of motherhood enough before. First, pregnancy is forever linked with the movie Alien in my brain and now motherhood means the death of who I am right now. What happened to the days of no one tells anyone anything?!?!