Wednesday, February 13, 2013

More thoughts on Baby

1. I literally feel sorry for everybody on earth who isn't Darren or me. People don't realize just how much they are missing out on.  Even her sleep grunting is adorable, and something I almost want to share with the world, however, I will refrain. I've met lots of babies, but seriously--none of them has ever been this cool.

2. She and I are about ready to start venturing out into the world together. I think. I found myself wishing I had my car this morning so we could go somewhere...anywhere.  I just might keep it tomorrow and send Darren to work in the truck.

3. She peed on my bed this morning and then had the gall to protest the half bath she got. Silly little girl...

4. I can't stop kissing her.

5. Darren can't either.

6. We are smitten.

7. I've reached a new level of trust in her naps: Today I took both a bath AND a shower, and I didn't spend the whole time obsessing over whether or not she was going to wake up any second.  It felt so good.  When I spoke to the nurse at my OB's office on the phone last week about my "battle scars" from delivery, she asked if I was taking a bath two or three times a day because "it would really help".  I almost laughed, but instead I kind of lied and said, "Yeah, when I can".

Which means I've taken two since this kid was born, including today's. Hard to do more than that when you spend the whole day trying to learn to anticipate what the tiny thing wants/needs and are terrified of not being with her every single second.

8. The good news is that I am learning, and we are making progress =)

9. Sometimes I hold her while she naps because I know I'll miss her if I put her in the bedroom and shut the door so I can get things done.

10. Oh! I don't believe I have mentioned this yet, but I can wear my ring again! It's so nice to feel married when I look at my hand instead of just feeling fat because my fingers got so huge. I love this ring.

1 comment:

Emelie Leifi said...

Emily... I'M smitten! Just on your posts! She is precious!! I bet she smells awesome, too. Almost so good you want to bite her lil touchie!! ;)