Friday, February 22, 2013

Smiley baby

1. How am I supposed to get anything done with a baby here??

2. On that note, I got the bathroom clean last night.  I cannot tell you how awesome it feels to be able to say I finally accomplished something--not 4 steps of something--all steps of something. Major confidence booster, and the bathroom smells rightly fresh.  Now to just finish folding that pile of clothes on the couch that has lasted 5 days...

3. Emma makes a lot of noise when she sleeps.  If she keeps that up, she is going to find herself in her own "bedroom" much sooner than anybody anticipated.  I assume it doesn't bother Darren since he makes no indication of noticing it, but I hear every single squeak, grunt, sigh, snort, giggle, and cry.  Heaven HELP ME.

4. The noises increase in volume and frequency the closer she is to finally waking up and demanding sustenance.  It is torture to listen to. The best I can compare it to is waking up 5 minutes before your alarm goes off.  You stay in bed because you deserve those 5 minutes, and you try to sleep, but sometimes your body simply refuses, so it rides out the clock and those 5 minutes feel like an all too short eternity.  An eternity that you should be sleeping through.  Anyway, it can take anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour for her to finally wake up, so you can imagine how I feel drifting off to sleep between sounds, thinking that every sound is "the" sound.  The one that means she's awake and I can kiss sleep goodbye.

5. We really need another bedroom...

6. She is sleeping on my bed behind me currently, making all kinds of racket. It's super cute and annoying all at once.

7. I caught a picture of her smiling [in her sleep]! Because of how her nose is smooshed into my shoulder, she kind of resembles Olivia the pig, which isn't the most flattering comparison, but.....she was the one posing, not me. Notice the dimple! =)

8. I am in love with this baby girl.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest baby picture I have ever seen of your baby. I love it! It's like she's laughing at some private joke between the two of you.

Erin said...

I'm pretty sure every new mother feels this way! I remember thinking that I couldn't put my kid down to eat (because she was a crier). So, for like an entire week when she was first born (and my mother had gone home), I just ate chocolate chip cookies that were on the counter. I look back now and cringe...I could have put her down long enough to at least make a sandwich or something.

I also had to put her in her own room at about 2 months because I hadn't slept the entire time she'd been alive. We got along a lot better after that :)

Darilyn said...

What a cutie face! I love it!