Friday, November 9, 2012

p.u.m.p.k.i.n...p.i.e.

1. Do you know what Sunday is? MY 28 WEEKS MARK. I feel like that is a milestone and should be celebrated somehow.  Only 12 weeks left...give or take.

2. I spent over 3 hours start to finish last night on a pie operation. One pie for my coworker (massage trade), one pie for to share with other coworkers and a few businesses nearby in the strip, one little square one to bring to my boss and her husband later since they won't be at work today, and one for Darren and I to scarf down.  That is what one full pie crust recipe and 6 cups of pure pumpkin puree gave to me.

The one to share with people is so that potential customers can taste the goods.  I want to sell pies for the holidays! And guess what! I already received two orders.

The price is 1 pie for $8 or 2 pies for $14.  I haven't figured out the cost of custom made crusts yet (didn't occur to me until yesterday) (and by "I haven't figured out" I mean "I haven't talked to Darren about it and let him figure it out").

The only option of pie to purchase is scrumptious pumpkin. They are 10 inches.

My pies are awesome because they are homemade and don't include any overly processed products (excluding the shortening used in the crust).

In short, they are amazing! Let me know if you want any for your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners =)

3. This is what I found of the pumpkin we never got around to carving this year (and what supplied me with so much pumpkin goop with which to cook:


4. We have a crib! I love seeing it set up in our bedroom. Thanks so much to Susan for handing it down to us!

5. This bird was guarding my parking space at work a few days ago.  Either that or she was saving it for someone and I stole it. 

In any case, she didn't move.  Just stared.


6. Guess what is coming in precisely one day short of two weeks...............

my birthday!

and Thanksgiving!

All on the same day. How about that. =)


No comments: