Thursday, September 13, 2012

Frosting!

First off, a preggy update:
  • The piglet within squirms a lot, and it almost feel like she is taking her little fingers and pinching my insides. I realize that is impossible, but that is still the picture in my head everytime I feel that tiny burst of discomfort.
  • I can no longer sneeze with my mouth closed. I did that today and nearly shoved her out of me in the process....kind of hurt, and nearly made me tinkle on myself. I experimented with a normal open-mouthed sneeze soon after and didn't feel a thing.
  • Almost nothing grosses me out more than an open-mouthed sneeze. I find myself becoming more repulsive by the moment.
  • Baby is already super cute. I can feel it.
  • I am currently 19.5 weeks. The halfway mark is upon us!
  • I'm more tired now than I was in the first trimester. Even though it will mean less sleep, I can't stop thinking about how glorious it will be to not have to get up and go to work when the baby is born, even if that only last for a few weeks.
  • I've spent every day this week feeling like I just got out of bed alllll day. So sleepy.
  • Darren is going to be the world's cutest papi. I love it when he talks about it.

Real life update:
  • I taught my first lesson in a not singles branch Relief Society the Sunday before last. It was horrifying overall, but I think it went well from the receiving end (plenty of smiles, discussion, and participation). Nothing like teaching a lesson while staring down the nose of your sister-in-law, aunt, and grandma (all of which are rockstar teachers), a few other relatives, and a million ladies who watched me grow up. I feel like I probably was justified in being intimidated.
  • Mom, the frosting is pretty similar to yours, but for some reason works better for me (i.e. doesn't come out clumpy)
  • The Best Frosting Ever:
    2 c powdered sugar
    1/4 c shortening
    2 Tbs + 1.5 tsp milk (I use soy)
    1/2 tsp vanilla (I've been out of vanilla for about a month....so I just omit this part)
    Flavoring and food coloring as desired (I've been sprinkling tiny amounts of ground clove in it....YUM!)


      As you can see, it gets kind of fluffy, which is how the cookies is so delightfully smothered in it (notice the blue swirls that grew too big). Granted, I put them on the cookie hot so that it would melt and smear some, but man....it's never worked out so yummy and yummy looking before. I love icing of any kind.
  • I found it somewhere online....I would have cared to save that info if I'd known I would love it so much. Probably recipes.com or something.
  • I want to write a book, but I can't land on what kind/a topic that jumps out at me and screams, "ME!". I tried to force an idea recently, and that was a disaster, so if you feel like brainstorming a little bit at me, I won't mind. Maybe one of them will holler like I need it too.
  • And finally, here's a little treat from the "Animals" tab on Pinterest.


No comments: