Friday, September 7, 2012

Items of Business

1. I feel her move! Coolest. feeling. ever.

2. Now that I've had an ultrasound and seen that there is indeed a baby in there--and I can indeed feel it move--for the first time in my life I can make the connection between what incubates in pregnant bellies and the tiny humans mothers carry around. They really are the same thing.

5. In one of the ultrasound images she looks like Predator (according to Darren and everyone I've shown...I wouldn't know, but then again I totally avoid creepy movies). Even so, it is an awesome picture.

6. I need a real people job. At least until the baby comes.

7. I made breakfast sausage gravy for the first time last week, and I have to say that it did not taste undelicious. I was super proud of myself.

8. The same can't be said for the biscuits we were supposed to eat with them. Let's just say we had toast and gravy for dinner that night.

9. Tonight for date night we are going to have pizza and watch "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas".  I saw the end of the movie once when I found David watching it at home, and swore to myself that I would never ever watch it because it kind of made me want to cut myself.  But then Darren insisted....so here we go.

If you hear the distant sound of a banshee tonight, it is most likely me. Darren has never seen me more than sniffle or wipe my eyes in a movie, but I predict that he will repent of making me watch this one.

I have tissues ready.

10. We have another new massage therapist at work, and she is darling. She also gives super awesome massages, which this girl can definitely appreciate.  For those of you who know where I work or how to contact me, I suggest you do so in order to take advantage of our $19 special introductory rate. Price can't be beat.

11. We are in search of a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally cheap (or free...that's good too) king size bed, so iff'in you know of anything, please let me know. Between me, my belly, my pillows, and my husband, we no longer fit comfortably (and things were already kind of tight before). Queen just doesn't cut it.

12. I discovered the world's tastiest frosting last week online. Sorry, Mom! I still love your recipe, but this stuff just has a consistency and flavor that works so good for my mouth, and it is super easy to use (for me....I am ridiculous when it comes to  trying to manipulate frosting on pastries so this is a pretty significant find).

13. Baby is growing pretty quickly this week, which is not something I thought I would ever noticed.  It has been so gradual all along that the sudden changes in balance, comfort, and sleeping are startling.

14. She also hates when I sit for too long. Ladies with short torsos (spelling?) are at a disadvantage when it comes to fitting a baby in with all the other junk we have wedged in our abdomen....in my scientific opinion.

It's Friday! Happy weekend everybody!

5 comments:

Erin said...

What happened to 3 and 4??

I also have a short torso and for the last two months sitting at work, I had to find some creative positions so that both the baby and I could fit in the chair. I'm pretty sure I freaked some people out when they walked into the office and I was stretched halfway sideways over the side of my chair.

Emelie Leifi said...

I just L! O! V! E! your posts...especially the ones about your Little Miss! I'm so super excited for you and it makes me even more excited to get that part of my life going! <3

Emily said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so good at counting at I guess I feel like I can skip whatever numbers I want to. Haha man....I don't even know what happened there.

Sometimes I sit back and prop my legs up on the computer tower below my desk. I don't know what I'll do when that stops working. I might start bringing a lay-down lawn chair then. Coworkers can just deal with it, right?

Thanks Emelie =) I'm rooting for you!

Anonymous said...

Have you thought about using one of those balance balls to sit on at work? You can stretch your legs out in front of you to maintain your balance while being cushioned/supported since the ball moves with you. (I know how much you LOVE my balance ball.)

And torsos is the correct pluralization.

Louise Jeter said...

You did not give us the icing recipe! Share, please. Talk to Grandma and Auntie Ruth about short torsos and babies. They may have some suggestions.