Saturday, September 15, 2012

Sleep eludes me

....not right at this moment, but in general. I spend all day wanting to sleep, but when the time comes I usually can't get comfortable, and then the moment I DO I suddenly need to pee like a horse. However, if today is any scale by which to measure, a nap can really go a long way.

Last night was probably the most difficult of sleepless nights so far. Every time I got up it really just seemed to take forever to fall back asleep.  The upside is that Darren wasn't there, so I wasn't disturbing his rest. The downside? Darren wasn't there, so I was super uneasy with the lack of my sleeping hunk of husband's protection.

At one point I gave up and decided to look up granny square tutorials on Youtube. I honestly can NOT tell you what chain of thoughts brought me to that decision....I either can't remember, or it was an independent and random thought produced by the effects of a sleep-deprived brain. It's anyone's guess, really. So I found  this video, and found his instructions to be very thorough and fairly easy to follow. And his voice fluctuates between being delightfully entertaining and really annoying, so my mind stays actively engaged in the task at hand.

The point of all this: I am making my baby girl her very own afghan.

The first square is complete!

The first two squares were supposed to be complete, but the second one doesn't make the cut. So I'm going to stick with bragging about one square.


It certainly isn't perfect, but with practice my precision is bound to improve.

The important part is the love I'm pouring into it, right?? (Right??? Hopefully??)

And sorry the picture is so fuzzy....it doesn't catch the color right either. It is a deep magenta with a khaki-colored off white. The other color I want to use is still up in the air.

Only a billion squares to go!


Oh, and just for funzies I took a dramatic "Myspace" photo of my belly today.



Oh, and though the crimps in my hair turned out a little smaller than would usually be desired, this trick I learned from Pinterest TOTALLY WORKS. It's my new go-to hairdo because A) It is easy, and B) I don't have to worry about keeping it tidy like I would if I straightened it. It's hot mess hair!

No comments: