Friday, February 3, 2012

The to-do list is slowly becoming to-done

Today feels so productive!

Not only was I ready to walk out the door on time, but I wasn't even really aware of that fact until I was in the car.  That sounds goofy, but to not be anal about checking the time over and over again and make it out in a more timely manner than the other 99.9999999% of my mornings is kind of a huge deal.

I found out that I can still apply for the Fall 2012 nursing program (no thanks to that rotten university for adding another pre-req...but it's cool, I can still apply and take it in the summer).

I registered for the HESI! For those who don't know, that is the entrance exam for nursing school. Don't ask me what it stands for.  I'll make up an answer if you really want, but I don't know what the real one is.

It is pronouned "hessy". Kind of like "hussy", but not.

I bought Mr. Hottie's wedding band!!! I'm almost more excited about that than I am about my own ring. I really hope it fits, and I canNOT wait to see him wearing it!

Totally not my achievement, but our honeymoon reservations are made! Go, Mr. Hottie.

Yesterday's productive achievements:

I finally remembered to go pick up my friend's study guide book for the HESI. Yay! Now I get to spend tons of time practice testing my smarts.

I filed my taxes! GO ME! Except we did it wrong (Darren, feel free to not gloat...we weren't wrong where you thought I was wrong. So there.) =)

The error is mildly advantageous...it should mean getting money back.  Because from where I stand, I got a WHOLE dollar back.  I opted to apply it to next year's taxes.  I'm really hoping the fix will make that a bigger number. Much bigger.

Changing the subject:

My coworker has introduced me to some adorable websites that happen to have some modest swimsuits on them. Shopruche.com and Unique-vintage.com. Also, my little sister bought this from Forever21! (I'm totally buying it from her...).  There are so many more delicious options available to me this year than last year, and some of the prices aren't too shabby either.

I think I want these really bad to wear for my wedding. My main color is pink, and I need a little color pop in my wedding ensemble. Opinions?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should be eligible for the earned income credit. Look into that. Because I know you didn't make more money than me and I get way more than $1 refunded.

Erin said...

That's what I was just going to say, Emily J. Tree! When I was single, I got some smokin' tax refunds. We're talking in the hundreds of dollars (probably between $700-$800 every year).

Seriously, check into it.

Then I got married - and the good tax returns turned into sucky tax returns. I always thought the returns were supposed to be better when you were married. And also when you had a kid. But nope, they're not.

Sadie said...

Those earrings are cute! I'm sure you could make them for cheaper than the website is selling them. Go check out Michaels and see what they have.