Saturday, February 4, 2012

While I'm busy procrastinating

1. No more misplaced apostrophes! I cringe everytime I read something like, "I was going to pick up the basketball's and tripped". That is a random example, but seriously... all I can think is, "THE BASKETBALL'S WHAT?? WHAT DID THE BASKETBALL LOSE?!"

2. I need to prepare the Relief Society lesson for tomorrow, but I'm procrastinating. As usual.

3. I am learning this John Schmidt piece on the piano.  There was once a time when I could play the first two pages flawlessly (no longer the case), but then the music disappeared for a very long time. I broke down and purchased it a few weeks ago. I am re-in love.

4. Anybody interested in attending the Country Music Show that Darren is performing in, hit us up for tickets! $4 each. Not a bad deal....and you could even sit with me. I'd like that a lot.

Just don't judge me if I start tapping my heal to the beat, because I just can't help it sometimes.

5. Emily and Erin, gracias for the tax tips.  The mom and I are going to investigate!

6. Russell (Darren's roommate) is in need of furniture (preferably free) for his future new home. Please keep your ears open!  He already has a bed and a dining table coming to him.  And I've already been looking (and will continue to look) at the local craigslist-esque websites.

7. I did not have to go to work this morning (am sad to lose the money, but I'll get over it).  It's because the rain was coming down in TORRENTS. My back yard was flooded, the ditches were all centimeters away from spilling into the streets, I learned once again why a lot of houses around here are built on cinder block piers. It. was. insane.

Anyways, I am a big rain wimp as it is, so I spent the whole morning trying to work up the nerve to call the boss and back out for the day, but I didn't want her judging me, and I needed the money.  When I finally did work up the courage, I called her cell phone and nobody answered. So I decided then that I was being ridiculous and needed to get my make-up on.  Just then, my favorite enabler (AKA Mr. Hottie) called to inform me that road conditions were less than favorable and that he would prefer I stayed in. Decision = made. So I called boss lady's house phone, and she was quite gracious in granting my request.

So I still don't have any make-up on.

8. Despite the weather, I hope you all have a fantastic Saturday! =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Investigate lots of stuff! If you file a 1040A, and you paid for some schooling last year, you can get an education credit also. You add form 8863 to 1040A using the information given to you by the university on your 1098-T. You can't claim money that was given to you in the form of federal financial aid so if you did get that, you subtract that amount from the total amount. Anything you paid out of pocket for tuition gets added to your refund. Plus, the first time I got the Earned Income Credit, the IRS informed me that I qualified for it, should have taken it, and adjusted my refund accordingly w/out my having to do anything. They just gave me money! (Scared the crap out of me, too, since it was way more than I thought I got. I almost didn't spend it and thought about giving it back because I was sure there was a mistake and then I would owe and I couldn't pay and would end up in jail.)

Anonymous said...

By the way, I know stuff because my Dad was a CPA and I worked in his office for almost 10 years. It rubs off. I hate accounting.

Kami D. said...

I miss that rain!!

...I just have to say that you make me laugh.