Saturday, February 11, 2012

Things to be excited about:

1. I totally crafted successfully last night! This particular post from blogging buddy Erin is all too familiar. My plans never turn out.  Even at the little summer crafting classes put on by the schools I never saw a lot of success.  I'm not sure how you take a task so simple it can be taught to thirty 2nd graders in a 45 minutes time frame and botch the nonsense out of it.

But I happen to excel at just that.

Anyways, I can't tell you what it is or post bragging photos just yet, because it is kind of a Valentine's surprise for my darling baby buggabuggaboo, but after that believe me, you WILL see, and you will all be impressed! (I hope...)

2. They. are. making. a. movie. version. of. Les. Miserables.

Starring HUGH JACKMAN as Valjean.

Be. still. my. heart.

And let's not forget, RUSSELL CROWE will be playing Javert.

Um, let's just say I've waited a very long time for this, and thus far, I am incredibly pleased. Those happen to be two of my very favorite pieces of eye candy actors, and Les Mis ranks...probably at the tippy top, as far as favorite musicals and stories go.

Go check out IMDB for further information concerning the cast, which may or may not include a few of my other faves, such as Helena Bonham Carter, Anne Hathaway (never thought I'd call her a favorite, but I realized when I saw her name on the list that she is....she will do a fantastic Fantine). Sacha Baron Cohen, who I've never seen in a movie (mostly because he likes to make only the raunchy kind), but I have heard nothing but good about his talent, and in my mind he seems aptly matched to his role as Thenardier.

I've been listening to it for days.

Julie told me the other day that she gets to go see it in Houston in May. I am insanely jealous.

The movie is apparently set to come out in December, which is FOREVER away.

I don't go to the movies all that often, but I can assure you, The Hobbit (also December...) and Les Miserables both have my heart. I'll skip meals to pay for those tickets if I have to.

(And, just to clarify, not the book The Hobbit.  I suppose it's time to give it another shot, but as a 9th grader I thought it was nothing but torture to have to read it.  However, the movie looks amaaaaazing).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have your heard Russell Crowe's song The Weight of a Man? If not, I highly, HIGHLY, recommend you go here and listen to it. Be still my heart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNqgGk-9mNg

Anonymous said...

Oh, and how is Julie seeing Les Mis in Houston in May? I haven't seen any adverts for it. I know The Lion King will be here in May.

Emily said...

Now that you say that I think she did say Austin. My mistake!

Anonymous said...

YAY!! For your appropriate French grammar!! Love it!

Unknown said...

Anne Hathaway can only play Anne Hathaway. She doesn't act. She plays herself----if she pulls off a successful Fantine, it will be a symptom of schizophrenia.

Unknown said...

My only concern is that they put too many big-name stars in a story that should stand alone---no actor should steal limelight from Hugo's masterpiece. The story is the main character. If they play as a team and not as stars, it can work, but if they are just throwing big actors into a pot and hoping to poop out a respectable movie, I would ask you to watch "Valentine's Day" and tell me if that is possible.