Monday, February 13, 2012

It's been a long day

Happy Very Early in the Morning Monday!

1. I took a Benadryl induced nap earlier today, so now that the hangover has worn off I'm more awake than I'd like to be at this late hour. But have no fear. Nothing quite puts me to sleep like laying in bed and typing. I'll be out in no time.

2. Good news: my lips are the right size again
Bad news: they are still covered in bloody fever blister scabs
Good news: the scabs are healing
Bad news: they hurt like heck
Good news: I'll get over it

3. Darren is back from drill! Yay! It seems it's getting easier for him to be gone for those days, but at the same time it kind of feels like he's gone for weeks and weeks (which I know in the grand scheme of military absence isn't that significant, but I'm a newbie, so I appreciate the slack. I'm sure it won't last forever). This summer he'll do a 4 week training out of state. I am okay with this, but the Emily in the back of my mind is having a mild panic attack. She's not sure I can handle it, but I know I can. I might cry myself to sleep every night, but that's totally handling it, so it's all good.

4. Stake conference was this weekend. I have an ugly history of not paying attention, mostly because I end up in the metal chairs in the back.  However, my brother in on the high council and my sister-in-law was directing the choir which left three little boys in need of a sitter, so my mom reserved us space on the very front row. Right in the center.

It is a lot easier to pay attention when you can see the speaker's nose hairs.

I might have to start a new tradition of getting to conference 2 hours before it starts instead of ten minutes.  That way I get a cushy seat AND I'm bullied by my proximity to stake/mission/temple leadership to stay alert.

5. I am so excited to marry Darren. He is everything I've ever wanted in a husband, and I know he cares about me. Win win. One thing I love about him: he likes to surprise, but he can't keep a secret.  This usually means that I know there is something to be known, but everyone around me actually gets to know. I am the same way....Valentine's is coming, and everyone we know seems to know what we're doing for each other, but neither of us knows what to expect.  It was the same story for Christmas.

The honeymoon reservations are another example. I'm dying to know where we're going, but he wants it to be a surprise. So instead I got to leave the room while he showed my sister the website.

I love his guts.

No comments: