Tuesday, June 17, 2014

To make it official...


Awwww yeeeeeaaah! I got me a little butterbean in my lady oven. We're creeping up on 10 weeks now, and I'm feeling great TIRED! All the time! Except for the middle of the night, apparently. My body thinks it's real funny to keep me up way past when Darren goes to sleep. I'm tired but can't sleep. Ya feel me?

Anyway, for Blogsterity's sake, this is what I think about all day and night:
  • My belly is growing fast. So fast.
  • My pants don't fit.
  • My skin is SOOOOOOOOOO GREASY. I bypassed teenage acne with a porcelain facade, but that is no more. I've never had so many pimples! I can't wait until these early pregnancy symptoms fade into nothing more than an ugly memory.
  • I'm tired.
  • My hair is also super greasy. If you see me about, I'm likely sporting a nappy messy bun. It's better than the grease pile.
  • My boobs hurt, and nursing is the pits. Consequently, we're on an accelerated course towards having a fully weaned Emma. I'm still nursing her at bedtime though. I can handle one round of pain a day... for now. 
  • I'm tired.
  • I can't breathe. 
  • I'm not sure I'll be able to physically handle living a functional life with two children. I know I'm tired now, so when I try to imagine Future Me she is always as tired as Present Me. It's exhausting to day dream. 
  • I am moooooooooody. 
  • ...and EXCESSIVELY emotional! I cry. All the time. The stupid Disney channel chokes me up when it plays even the remotest of sappy scenes.
  • I smell terrible approximately way too soon after I shower. 
  • Eating makes me feel really stuffed really fast. And then I have a hard time breathing. 
  • I'm tired.
  • I can't wait to snuggle a newborn.
  • I'm excited for Emma to be a big sister. She tried to take her newborn cousin from my arms the other day. She handled the baby about like she handles puppies. Strangle nation.
  • I am grateful every day that we transitioned Emma from the crib to a twin mattress. We spend a lot of time in her room with the door shut--her playing with her toys and me sleeping/playing dead on her bed, content in knowing she can't escape. It's always fun to watch her play, almost oblivious to my presence. She knows how to keep herself busy, that's for sure. Sometimes she'll crawl in bed with me and fall asleep. Occasionally she wakes me up crying because she's hurt herself. Other times she wakes me up by planting a sloppy kiss on my mouth. I guess true love really does wake the princess ;) 
  • Mental exhaustion. Can't keep track of nada. Can't even use the correct words half of the time. 
  • I'm tired. 
In any case, we are excited beyond belief. This little baby is quite loved already, and I look forward to all the fun parts of pregnancy that lie ahead. Thanks for letting me whine about the less fun parts :) 

7 comments:

Sondra said...

Congratulations! Love your list here!

Unknown said...

I'm super excited for you guys! ♡

Nicole Andrus said...

Congratulations!!! Spock will make a great big brother too!!

Unknown said...

Congrats! What a blessing!

I remember being pregnant - second or third - and being so incredibly tired. I worried all the time that I wouldn't have enough energy to take care of them all. Then a good friend reminded me that pregnancy is a temporary condition. You'll feel better once that baby is in your arms and not your tummy. And, you'll have just enough energy to get through the day. Don't worry about it! It comes naturally!

Laurie Huish said...

Congratulations!! I know it's awful to admit this, but I HATED being pregnant. I love the belly kicks and the excuse to eat foods I usually stayed away from but pregnancy was SO HARD for me. However the babies are miracles and I don't think I would have recognized it quite as much if it wasn't murder to get them here.

Kami D. said...

Yeah!! Two is fun!

Emily said...

Thank you everyone! And thank you for those kind words of advice, Holli and Laurie! Sometimes I feel like people don't understand the misery I'm in (though I'm grateful for it!), but it's nice to know you guys do!