Thursday, September 19, 2013

Macaroni Pork

I invented a dish tonight, and I am so enchanted with it that I must share it with the world! Yes, I will be linking my own blog post to Pinterest. Feel free to follow suit ;)


Ingredients:

  • 2 lb pork; diced (I am not sure exactly which part I had, as it was purchased on sale and I didn't really care...according to this image, it was loin steak)
  • Box of noodles or pasta of your choice (would be convenient if it were mac and cheese)
  • 2 cans cream of celery soup
  • Tbs Ranch dressing
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Crushed red peppers
  • Garlic powder
  • Onions (I used dehydrated)
  • Paprika
  • Worcestershire Sauce
  • A cheese packet from a box of macaroni and cheese
**All seasoning and cheese amounts according to preference**

Directions:
  • Bring pot of water to a boil for the pasta; cook according to directions
  • In a small pot, mix the cream of celery soup (rinse the cans half full with water and dump them in the pot as well)
  • Add the Ranch dressing, pepper, crushed red peppers, garlic powder, and paprika. Bring to a hot simmer and add the macaroni cheese (I used maybe a quarter of a packet). 
  • In a small skillet, cook the diced pork with onions, Worcestershire Sauce, salt, and pepper. I added a small amount of water to my meat to prevent the "skillet cooked" look...very small amount.
  • Place both the sauce and meat on low while the noodles are cooking; drain noodles
  • When everything is finished, combine it all and enjoy!

Okay, so I know that isn't the most professionally written recipe, but it's hard to put it into words when my exact thought process was something more like, "Uhh, yeah...some of thiiiiiiis, ooooh! Some of that would be tasty. Hmmm. Too much...eh, we'll just add more of thaaaat...".

So good luck. If all else fails, improvise. It would be hard to ruin this if you ask me!

No comments: