Tuesday, September 10, 2013

7 months!

I cannot believe I forgot to do a 7 months post! Man, I'm a slacker.


Don't you just want to gobble her up? So much fluffy cuteness.

Our little sweetie is able to do so many things now:
  • sitting up
  • scooting/"crawling"
  • climbing
  • pulling up on low things (such as, my criss-crossed legs when I sit on the ground). she is remarkably quick about moving into a "standing" position (ofttimes hunched over)
  • hold her frozen celery sticks in her mouth and chew on them*
She loves to eat:
  • Mommy's milk
  • avocados
  • carrots
  • applesauce
  • pears
  • rice puff snacks
Things that make her smile and laugh:
  • when her stuffed animals "walk" or "bark"
  • silly noises
  • silly faces and scare tactics from Daddy
  • Daddy's tickly beard (this is also on the list of things that make her cry)
  • Mommy's funny faces and sounds
Things we love about her:
  • Her squishiness
  • Her laugh
  • Her hair (it is finally growing!)
  • Her smile
  • Her funny faces and sounds
  • Her cuddles

Excerpt from an email I sent to my family this evening describing her current behavior and personality development:
Emma is indescribably adorable. She is learning so much, and it is fascinating to witness. She is very close to "real" crawling. In the meantime, she has developed a lovely Ursula crawl (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uqCsLQnkRA ...skip to the end at the 7:30 mark). She has become a momma's girl....I didn't know it was possible to become MORE of that. She loves to be close, and is always trying to find me when I walk out of her sight (I like to watch her when she can't see me). She loves to eat.  She is still a fantastic nurser, and loves her little snacks, purees, and canned pears. If you eat in her presence be prepared to either share, have a little something made up for her, or listen to lots of pitiful and angry begging and crying. I love to eat during her nap times. 
She follows me around the kitchen a lot. It is pretty sad listening to her wimpers and desperate "running" to catch up with my feet if I take a few steps. It is also hilarious. She will hold on to my feet, desperately trying to hold me in place. Sometimes she gnaws on my ankles. It's like having a puppy around, really. Today she had a first: she gave up on following me around and actually left the kitchen. She proceeded to explore the great beyond of her "bedroom" (dining area near the kitchen), which made me smile. It was one of those bittersweet she's-growing-up moments.
She loves to sing and talk and gripe.  I know she is fully awake in the morning usually whenever she begins talking and singing to the window curtains by the bed. Whenever she is angry she cusses. Somewhere in the land between sobbing and whining is a place that has no name. When she is in that place she holds firm eye contact and gripes in a language I don't understand--but I have an idea what she is saying. She uses consonants, emphasis, and inflection while yelling.  I laugh in her face because I can't help it. She also loves to slap things. She has a lot of persistence. She'll crawl over a million obstacles to reach whatever forbidden objects she desires. This usually means she ends up bumping her head or otherwise hurting herself, so then we get to hear all about that injury while she tells us about how offended she is that we caused it all by not letting her do whatever it is she wanted in the first place. She can be defiant (she has a "look").  Sometimes her cries deteriorate into hilarious babbling.  She rarely sits still, and has become an acrobatic nurser--hilarious and frustrating. She loves to smile and laugh, and she gives the best post-nap cuddles in the world. She laughs when she watches older kids play.

We are so in love with this little beauty we are lucky enough to call our daughter!!! We love her and her personality, and I cannot wait to see how it continues to develop. She has a bit of an attitude, so I think we are in for it! Our parents will sit back and high five themselves for all the heck mine and Darren's attitudes gave them growing up.

She is ours, and we are so lucky :)


*frozen celery sticks are genius solutions to teething woes. a friend suggested it to me, as it had worked for her daughter, so I took her word for it and gave it a shot. Holy moly! Emma loves to chew on them when her teeth are bothering her or she is fussy. She smells like celery more than Darren would like, but I'm okay with that!

No comments: