Monday, December 31, 2012

35 weeks down.....5 to go. And I am pathetic.

I entered a new phase of pregnancy this past weekend.  It is a phase in which I can take all of the discomfort from the last 35 weeks, multiply their intensity by some horrible number, and then experience them all at the same time.

I'm also complaining more according to Mr. Hottie. I hadn't realized it, but yes, I am. So I'm going to get it out of my system as much as I can right now so that everyone around me can enjoy my last few weeks =)

I was warned about those last weeks. But like most warnings, it is hard to take them seriously until the misery is upon me.

1. How can I still have 5 weeks left??? I keep looking at the calendar and counting the weeks and days yet again, hoping I've made a mistake somewhere...but I haven't.

2. She has moved to a different bedroom, so to speak, and is now riding looooow. And with that, she has room to stretch her legs and move like she never has before. I feel all of the pressure of her weight directly between my legs and in the southernmost parts of the southern hemisphere of my belly, but I feel most* of her movement in the upper part of the northern hemisphere.  If you see me and notice something strange about me, it's just the baby sticking her hand out to wave "hello!".  Disgusting image in your head now? Good. That's how uncomfortable I am.

*She is headbutting and/or punching my bladder and other tender inner parts that are not located at the top of my belly on a regular basis.

3. I identify with most of this short blog post.

4. I have also developed a funky cough, which freaks me out every time I have an attack.  I'm scared that she will fly out from the pressure of my hacking.

5. I'm as big as the world. Literally.


Enough whining...

1. I am going to really miss feeling her move inside of me and feeling like I am the absolutely most important person in the world to her.  I know that that part of our relationship will still continue to a point, but after she's born I'll have to share her affection with her daddy, and he is not exactly indifferent about her birth and the bond they will share. I'm already a little bit jealous ;-)

2. I am going to miss hearing Darren say, "Hurry up and be born," and "Isn't it time yet??" and "Not until you go to the hospital and make that baby come out".  His being so anxious and excited is very special and adorable. He's even trying to use it against me now.  We were laying in bed this morning, deciding if we were ever going to wake up completely, and I, of course, was hungry.  So I told him I wanted him to make me pancakes.  He said, "Are you ready to go to the hospital?".  Umm, no...?  "Then you get to make the pancakes". What a bully!

3. I am going to miss daydreaming about what she'll look like or how cute she'll look in her clothes.  I'm going to miss daydreaming about bathing her and smelling her head and kissing her soft baby fluff all over.  I am going to miss daydreaming about all the ideal parts of having a newborn in the house.  And, I am going to miss pretending like the cruddy parts don't and won't exist. Sleepless nights? Ha! Not for me.

I've reserved the right to lie to myself as much as I please.

4. I am so excited to finally find out what "IT" is all about. All of "it".  Labor, delivery, having the product of my womb to care for, breastfeeding, not sleeping, getting around with a baby, etc. It's a totally new stage of life for which I am feeling grossly underprepared, but I'm ready to figure it out and start the learning.

5. I CANNOT wait until her blessing day.  Why, you ask? Well, because I am actually prepared for something: I found, ordered, and received her dress already.  It is gorgeous.  I hope to have all of my daughters blessed in this dress.

6. I will miss the feeling of not being able to imagine being pregnant, much like I currently can't imagine not being pregnant.


No comments: