Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My Due Week

1. There really are no words to describe how tired I am today.

2. Part of the fatigue is my fault. I didn't feel like winding down last night for a good while....not that I couldn't have fallen asleep when Darren went to bed, but for some reason I just couldn't make myself. I took a long bath and had some toast before finally going to bed.  It was wonderful, but now I must pay the price.

3. However, the first price I paid was completely worth it: I slept for 4 solid hours before needing to wake up and go pee. Slept like a rock. It felt fabulous. After that I kept on pretty solidly until my alarm went off. I was barely able to wake up when Darren told me goodbye before leaving for work. Baths before bed are magical.

4. I had my first official (like, from my doctor's office) ultrasound today.  Baby is definitely a girl, and as far as I can tell she has a super cute nose. I have some pretty good pictures of her.

5. She weighs 1.6 lbs, and my due date is Feb 4th, according the the ultrasound and Feb 6th according to my doctor.  I'm interested to know what the official due date is. I'm still averaging it out for the 5th.  They should just call it a Due Week.

6. I borrowed a yoga DVD from my lovely friend Kim, and though I have only done [some of] the workout once, I really like it. The lady's voice is super annoying (have yet to discover a yoga instructor who's voice DOESN'T annoy me), but I felt really good even from those 15 minutes I did.

They need to remove the skinny skank from the front of the instructors though....I want the second trimester heifer to be at the front. The skinny one doesn't do anything for my confidence. I couldn't bend like that for some of those moves before I was pregnant, and definitely can't now, no matter how modified you make it. I don't want her there.

7. I'm obsessed with drinking nearly every single fruit juice.

No comments: