Friday, October 5, 2012

Exercising

My dreams are getting more physical.

I keep dreaming of doing things like running hard and playing fun sports, but there is always a point in the dream when I remember, "Wait, I'm pregnant. I have no business exercising this hard, especially since I have let myself get so out of shape".

And then I argue with myself. "But, Emily, you feel so good! Keep going! One more lap."

My interpretation?

My body is craving an intense workout.  After this baby is born and I wait the correct amount of time/have my doctor's permission, I am going to engage in the most hardcore workout experience of my life.  And they won't be "modified".

See if I don't.

3 comments:

Erin said...

This is going to sound all preachy and stuff and I really don't mean it that way, but I didn't exercise while I was pregnant and it was a mistake. Wish I would have at least walked a couple of miles every day or something. ANYTHING. I think it would have made me feel better during the pregnancy and make it easier to get better AFTER. Just my two cents. Or three. :)

Emily said...

Uggghh, I know I need to....I just need someone to make me =) ...who isn't Darren, because then I get all weepy and offended that he doesn't love me the way I am, because that is how my hormones work. Sigh. I will try to do better!

Anne-Marie said...

Ha ha...I totally agree with Erin, in theory :) In reality, I am going to have to have at least 6 more attempts before I can imagine myself being successful (and I really don't need 6 more babies :)

Keep working on it though, cuz I think Erin is right (wouldn't know :)...although I did exercise more with Emily than the others and I definitely felt the best overall and got back in shape the quickest with her.