Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A half-complaining post

Sorry, but this will be a bit of a whiny post.

As much fun as all the fun things about being pregnant are, I have to say that this week has eaten the cake in lower back pain.  Back pain is not exactly new to me--it has been an acquaintance for years. HOWEVER.......this is different. I feel like there is an entire colony of ants in my low back and pelvic region just biting the nonsense out of me. It buuuuurns.

Which is why I am blogging at 7 AM instead of enjoying my last precious hour of sleep. I cannot get comfortable enough to even just lay there and laze away the last hour before I have to get up.

Oh, and getting out of bed all night is an excruciating experience.....a full bladder makes the weight of rising a billion times worse.

Boohoooo =(

_______________________________________________________________________

1. In slightly more positive news (though I'm sure it has a lot to do with what is going on above), I am fairly certain that Baby Girl had a growth spurt. My belly was plumper, harder, and heavier to bear yesterday than it was the day before. Bending over has started to hurt (a nice reminder to not squash the human I'm growing OR tempt gravity).

2. My afghan is making slow, but fairly steady progress:



The squares aren't connected yet of course, I just like to lay them out and envision the rest of the blanket.

Again, my camera phone doesn't quite capture the colors of the yarn.

I have completed 13 squares. (Do not ask how many I have started and unraveled/discarded...). Thirteen doesn't sound like much, but I'm proud of my progress =)

3. "Once Upon A Time" is back (along with "Bones", "Castle", and "Parks and Recreation")! Etc. I have a few shows to get caught up on already.  We here at the Brown's are suuuuuper  pumped.

4. Darren made dinner yesterday....it was spectacular. And so nice to not have to lift a finger (except to bring the grub to my face ;-) ). All in favor of him cooking every day say "Heck yes!". He's such a good cook.

5. Going back to bed now....wish me luck. I promise not to be such a whiner in my next post!


1 comment:

Ange Bendixsen said...

We LOVE Bones & Castle (& have a love/hate relationship with Once Upon a Time). Have you seen Grimm? It's our 2nd favorite only to Castle. However, it is a little..um... grimm :)