Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A little something

1. Whew! I feel like that was a marathon of posts.  I wanted to include them all though, so I guess it was worth it.  If you didn't notice yet, there are about a hundred new posts below this one...be sure to read them all.

2. I'm the mother of a 3 month old, and it is pretty awesome.  All except the parts where I think I've got her figured out and then she throws a wrench in my scheme.  For instance, she was awake and CLINGY the majority of yesterday afternoon and evening.  And I just heard her cry....she is supposed to sleep for at least another two hours.  Sigh....be back later, Mr. Blog Post...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I'm back.  And it is now Wednesday, very nearly Thursday.  I started this post on Tuesday.

Sigh.

3.  She wasn't clingy today.  Hooray! I think it was either a growth spurt or tummy issues. Or both.  She finally pooed last night for the first time in....a while.  Let's hope she doesn't wait so long next time! She also didn't eat nonstop today, so that was kind of nice for me.

4.  I finally had my epiphany about the book I want to write, but I'm not telling.  All I know is that it is an idea I can commit to and actually get started on...as in, I have already begun.  Yes, those are singing angels you hear.

5.  My sis-in-law Stephanie got me hooked on Cake Boss while we were in California.  Darren is none too pleased about my watching it, but I already feel like a master baker in my head.  My kids are going to get the most kick-butt birthday cakes ever!

6.  I made chocolate mousse out of avocados today.  It was, in a word, yummy.  I'm very pleased! Now I have a semi-healthy snack that can satisfy my sweet tooth in way less bites than a serving of ice cream.  Booya!

7.  I finished a BBC show on Netflix today called, Call the Midwife.  I quite enjoyed it.  It made me cry too much, however.  While I realize that it isn't the show's fault (dang hormones), I'm still holding it responsible.

8.  I did not realize having a kid would make me so vulnerable.  I stumbled across a blog written by the mother of a recently deceased teenager.  I had to stop reading it because all I could think was, "This could be me some day.  This could be me tomorrow.  This could be me.......ever".  I have so much of her life to look forward to, and reading that thing made me think too much about the tragedies of life that we have no control over and possibilities that are too nauseating to even consider.

I didn't like it.  It made me cry too.  And I hate things that make me cry.

I said a prayer for that mother though.  I'm not sure how she survives.

9.  I have baby fever.  Too soon!  Thanks, Facebook Newsfeed, for bringing me at least 1400 pregnancy announcements this week.  It was also kind of a "my bad" too since I went looking through Emma's newborn pictures and the hospital pictures.  I feel like I'm more prepared for that stage to not be a whirlwind with the next one.  Hopefully I can savor it better next time =)

10.  I miss my baby.  I'm going to be really irresponsible and get her out of bed to snuggle with me for a little while...

No comments: