Thursday, May 23, 2013

Tidbits. Lots of 'em.

1.  Wonder Baby has become less of a Wonder Baby over the last few days...she is reeeally fighting naps and bedtime.  She has figured out the dramatic, "Oh Mom, how COULD you?!" cry.  Like there isn't a soul in the world who loves her.  It's a little heart-wrenching.

2.  I'm pretty sure I've communicated with Darren more via text than in person this week, what with drill, and then work, and then school and church obligations.  Bother.

3.  That being said, we have new neighbors who are also in our ward.  They kept Emma tonight so that we could go on a date (50 cent corndogs at Sonic, anybody??).  We ate corndogs and went swimming.  It was lovely.

4.  I'm entertaining ideas of further schooling/vocational training.  I must be crazy.

5.  On that note, I'd be more willing to do it if I had a non-creepy nanny who was willing to work for the pure joy of serving me and caring for my child.

6.  I could never leave my kid that much.

7.  Online options it is ;-)

8.  Emma loves swimming with her daddy.



9.  Doesn't this just make you happy?


10.  This makes ME happy.  They are so adorable.  And they totally have the same hair color (though at the time his picture was taken, he had a bit more hair, so it's hard to compare here haha)



11.  I think I may actually get a tan this summer.  I spend so much more time outside than I have since I was a kid.  I guess school and work really were the culprit all along! For as much time as we spend cooped up inside the apartment, we sure spend a lot of time outside each week.  My farmer tan line will vouch for me.

12.  I want my quaint little domestic life so badly, I can almost taste it.  A house.  A yard.  A porch.  A dog. Sigh...

13.  Things I will gladly give up to acquire this dream? Apartment living. Rent.  Nosy neighbors.  Troll neighbors.  Upstairs neighbors.  Noisy neighbors.  Apartment roaches.  Parking lot parking. 

14.  Though I will be the first to admit that my appearance is certainly not always top notch (actually, most of the time, it isn't), I also admit that I have a weird, extra sense of self-confidence since having that baby--which makes NO sense whenever I look in the mirror and see funky saggy skin and stretch marks.  Despite all that, I feel more beautiful than I ever have in my life.  No sense.  No sense at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Regarding #14.....I think you will identify with this article.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765629189/How-my-body-learned-to-love-me.html?pg=all

Emily said...

I love that article! Maybe that's my thing, but on a subconscious level. Thanks for sharing!