Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Cheesy mom moment





I LOVE this picture.

Tonight was the first time Darren has been able to feed Emma.

I wanted to wait several weeks so that she and I could officially be used to nursing.  I didn't want to introduce it too early.

As you can see, she took to the bottle like a champ.  She is also a bit mesmerized staring up into her daddy's sweet face.

When Darren first told me he wanted to be able to help feed her I was super hesitant because I was nervous about complicating the feeding process, and I felt like it was my job to provide her nourishment. But then he told me about how he grew up feeding his younger siblings and how that was something he loved doing.

We decided that was something we should accommodate.  And how can I argue with a daddy who wants to bond with his daughter by seeing to one of her most basic and essential needs?

My. heart. melted.  Watching them together was special.

...and I was able to get the kitchen clean without waking her =)

1 comment:

Louise Jeter said...

This is, indeed, a sweet picture. He does love to hold her, that is for sure! Wonderful!