Friday, March 15, 2013

BAM!

1. Guess what my super cool kid did? Thaaaat's right, she slept through the night! BAM! It might have been a fluke, but maybe not. Some kids start that early, you know.

2. My milk production was, um, expressive (pun intended) about the neglect it felt from the missed feedings.

3. We had JC Penney pictures taken of Emma yesterday. Nearly all of my worst fears came true from the hysterical baby all the way down to the leaky poo on her onesie. The photographers did a fantastic job of consoling her, and I'm impressed that they got as many good ones as they did.  The ones that aren't "good" are funny (to me, at least).

4. Overhead from another mom while sitting at the studio while she was looking through her kids' proofs: "Man, just one of these days I wish I had too many good ones to choose from."

5. A diet of brownies and ice cream is totally healthy, right?

6. This is a fairly normal sight:


She has also been known to have her head smashed against the bars with an arm hanging out.

2 comments:

Julie Jeter said...

Congratulations, you've given birth to a child that sleeps like me! That's what you get for pushing me away for so many years :)

Emily said...

She really does! That further confirms the wisdom of my kicking her out of our bed so early...there isn't a big enough bed in the world to sleep us and anything that inherited your ability to sleep, sprawl, kick, and snuggle all at once (how all those verbs are even possible at one time is beyond me...but you and Emma are pros).

Don't forget she wakes up like you too....very slow about it ;-) (and by the time she finally IS awake there is either an expression of anger and annoyance, or a sleepy contentedness. Very Aunt Julie-ish.)