Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Grunty Sleep Sounds

I don't believe I've mentioned our recent rearranging of living affairs yet, and I apologize.  It pleases me greatly to announce that little Emma has moved into her own bedroom....ummm..."living space".  She officially resides in what used to be our dining area.

I couldn't be more pleased.  It creates a central location for most of her things (conveniently located near the garbage, kitchen sink, and rocking chair), opened up a space for her changing table (hallelujah!), opens up space in OUR room, and, most importantly, keeps her grunty sleep sounds OUT of earshot.

(...could there be more commas in the above paragraph....yikes...)

Mommy gets so much more sleep this way. And yes, that is an entirely selfish attitude. Sue me.

She is seriously growing so much.  I guess since I've been able to witness the progression of her size since Day 1, every time people say, "Oh my goodness, she's so tiny!" I don't know what to say at first.  I want to be like, "You serious?? This fatty?".

To be fair, several strangers, upon asking her age, have expressed shock that she is only 6 weeks old. Apparently her chub suggests an older age.

I seriously love being with her. She is becoming such an expressive thing (as if that were possible), and I love trying to glean her personality from her smiles as well as her tantrums.


No comments: