Friday, June 8, 2018

My Three

Emma is starting Kindergarten this fall! How and when did this happen?!? She's more and more beautiful every time I look at her, and it has been so fun to watch her personality develop and mature. Sometimes I am stunned by her wisdom. Other times I wonder if she's actually 5 and not, say, 2... She is always singing and always dancing. When she shares her creative insights, I am blown away. She excels at applying personification to even the most boring inanimate object, and she likes to do silly voices. I adore my little sidekick!




Milton is adventurous, clueless, curious, industrious, and whiny. He's a sweetheart with a strong sensitivity streak, but he's also super bullheaded and ruthless. He makes me laugh and scream with incredible consistency. His speech has improved so much this year, and conversations with him are hilarious. I've always wondered what goes on in his head!




Lillie is beauty in every sense of the word. She's affectionate, cuddly, and smart as a whip. So smart. She figures things out very quickly. She is also a stubborn one though, and is so obnoxious about it. She won't say "Mama" on command at all---instead, she closes her eyes, smiles really big, and shakes her head "no" like she's embarrassed. Other times, when she doesn't want to be obedient about something, she stares us down and dares us to stop her. Then she's offended that we dared to get her in trouble. She has recently started experimenting with new little words and her sign language is improving. She melts Darren's heart every five seconds with her incessant, "Dada!" babbles and cuddle demands. He can't resist her for anything. We are so happy she joined our family when she did!


No comments: