Saturday, March 4, 2017

Today, I Win

Today has been a good day. I love days like this, when the weight of my PPD issues don't smother me with discouragement or despair.  I spent the day with my family (which isn't exactly different from every other day of the week 😏). The day began with a 5K race for husband. It was a lot of work, but a lot of fun, to wait for Daddy to run by and then trek to the finish line with the kids. Darren beat us to the finish line... By my calculations, he totally shouldn't have, buuuuuut....walking/running with kids and whatnot... We watched him cross the line from the top of an overhead crosswalk. The rest of the day saw a home-teaching visit, NAPS ALL AROUND, and Emma's first official play date. She's been to play dates without me before, but it's usually a babysitting/my convenience situation. Today her friend invited her over. ❤ While she was gone I got some food prep done (!!!)(I'm terrible at food prep)(breakfast for the next few days is in the bag)(literally). I love that girl, but I'm looking forward to pre-k next fall. It's nice to only have one "helper" underfoot for a couple of hours. While she was gone, Darren took Milton on an errand, which meant blissful one-on-one time with my pretty little baby.


Now the house is going to sleep. All three kids are freshly bathed (my favorite!). Darren passed out before dinner, Lillie and I are snuggled up and nursing on the couch, and the kids are in bed one kid is in bed. The other one just snuck out to snuggle with my butt.

I'm not a thousand percent certain that I'm prepared for primary tomorrow (need to check on that), but I feel peaceful. I feel very content.

And I looooove this feeling. Very grateful for days like this.

No comments: