Friday, June 27, 2014

The baby is napping, so I have a little time to write

1. I am losing so much hair this pregnancy! With Emma I had nothing but luscious locks, but with this little butter bean my head is behaving really similarly to how it did after Emma was born. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiirrrrrr eeeeeevvvvveeeerrrrryyyyywwwwwhhhheeeeeerrrreeee.

2. My latest Netflix venture is "Chuck". I'm enjoying everything about it, though Darren doesn't seem to care much for it. He makes fun of me every time the show makes me laugh. As though it's any more nerdy than his shows....* scoff *

3. I look forward to the day when a bad night of sleep for Emma doesn't have to mean a bad night of sleep for me. I only had got up with her once, for a grand total of about 30-40 minutes, but I kept hearing her over the monitor randomly cry out in her sleep, all night long. That, of course, had me on high alert when I really didn't want to be, making it hard to relax.

4. Several months ago, Holli recommended that I look into the words and works of Cesar Millan in order to maximize my relationship with Spock. Since she has the world's best dog, I knew I could trust her recommendation. Darren scoffed (does he ever not? ;) ) and rolled his eyes at his memories of his many customers wanting Cesar stuff when he worked at Petco. I can understand the negative association (much like I roll my eyes every time I hear someone say they only ever use homeopathic medicine...not inherently a bad idea, but you just get so sick of hearing about it on the clock that it haunts you forever...). ANYWAY. I happened to find a beat up book of his when I was at Petco one day. I don't know why it was in the condition it was in, but I took advantage and asked for a discount, was granted it, and took it home. It took a while to get into because I am honestly very turned off with all his "colors of the wind" speech (for lack of a better description), but I'm finally getting into the meat of it, and all I can say is that I can recognize truth when I see it. My attitude as a dog-mom is changing, and it's really helping me understand him better and communicate with him more effectively (I hope). My sis-in-law's dad also recommended using Pupperoni as incentive. I tell you, I've never seen that dog lay down so fast...

5. For some reason, every single time I've ever posted on Facebook about Wuthering Heights, everyone and their mom tries to convince me that it is the worst book in the world. Have I seriously not made it clear enough that is is my FAVORITE book in the world? (if you have known me a while, the answer is, "Of course you've made it perfectly clear.") Nothing nice to say, keep your trap shut. Come on. I'm beginning to take it personal, though that may be the hormones reacting.

In all honesty, it depends on who is talking. People with whom I've had a longstanding discussion about it are welcome to reiterate their opinions--I expect them. It's everyone else. If a friend of mine posted about their favorite movie/book/magazine/whatever I would never hop on and trash it. I would assume I have nothing to contribute and let them continue on in their preference because my opinion is irrelevant.

Again. It might just be the hormones. Or I might hate the world.

6. Today I emptied and began the cleaning process for several sippy cups and two bottles that haven't been cleaned in, literally, days-weeks. It was revolting. If I ever have to feed my children formula as infants, we are in for a bad run...dishes are not my forte.

They are currently soaking in the most piping hot soapy water ever.

No comments: