Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Exercise and Love

1.  I have officially exercised two days so far this week.  Two more to go.

2.  On Monday, I totally overdid it.  I know that sounds wimpy, and I hate to sound like I'm not up to the challenge, but man....something overdid something.  I did a mile in the morning (it was awesome), but then in the evening we went on a 3 mile "family run" with a local running club.  It ended up being me and a 17 lb baby in a jogging stroller while Darren sat in the car and waited for our return.  In his defense, I parked the car without knowing where the race began or the course would go.  Naturally, it was really far away from the start, and the course ran the opposite direction.  So much for passing the stroller off to him "on a loop".  It. was. miserable.  I may or may not have tried to pawn the baby off on other runners, but nobody would do it.

Lazies.

Anyway, by the time I went to bed I was feeling sick, my head was POUNDING, and I felt flu-ish.  The feeling lingered until the next afternoon. Blegh.

3.  I feel much better tonight.  The only two working treadmills at our gym were occupied, so I resorted to the elliptical (which machine I hate).  I forced myself to do 15 minutes.  It actually wasn't that bad (as opposed to last time I did the elliptical and nearly collapsed...and that time I was only on it for 10 minutes).  Either way, it is better than nothing.

4.  This weekend I am helping to man the table for a breastfeeding peer support group I am a member of at a family and baby expo.  I am very excited to be proactive about something for like, the first time ever.  I'm not sure what all it will entail, but I know we'll be talking a lot about boobies.

5.  Then I have a chiropractic appointment in the afternoon.  I cannot tell you how long it has taken me to work up the courage to ask my former boss for an adjustment (I got them for free as an employee....it just seems rude to expect the same treatment now).  Anyway, we've agreed to barter for food.  She will get a jar of homemade tomato sauce.  I think she'll appreciate that.

6.  My neck, my ankles, my head, my back, and most importantly, my child-bearing hips, are SO excited to attend this appointment.  To say my bones have shifted since the last adjustment (which took place some time in January) would be a big fat understatement.

8.  Emma will be 6 months old this Friday.  6 MONTHS.  Say it isn't so.

9.  She is an absolute doll.  That is, when she isn't teething.  She has been in the flirtiest of flirty moods today, and despite the fact that we made 16 million stops while running errands, everybody we met got some of her best smiles.

10.  All of her smiles are covered in drool these days.  I love it.  I even love it when I go in for a kiss and she manages to smear it all over me.  My gag reflex kicks in a little bit, but there is something about it that I can't get enough of.  I love my baby girl!


These guys are the loves of my life.


No comments: