Thursday, April 4, 2013

Happy mornings


Emma is ordinarily a tummy sleeper.

Yesterday morning I was lying in bed, not even half awake, and I heard her talking and cooing.  I thought I'd be really brilliant and go get her before she started crying (a rare act of benevolence on my part).  I entered the room speaking loudly, "I'm here, good morni--oh! Oh my goodness, what is this?? You flipped over, oh Baby, good job! Good job!".

She responds to squealy praise with adorable smiles (as seen above).  Since she'd only been sleeping about an hour and half before this incident, I am fairly confident that it was an accident and the act of flipping over woke her.

Which means she miiiiight have fallen back asleep if I hadn't sabotaged the situation by making lots of noise.

But oh well.  I got happy morning snugs, and I live for those!

No comments: