Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Dos Meses



Our little Emma is two whole months old today!

She had her two month check-up at her doctor this morning.  The verdict: She is growing just fine and is a fluffy 12 lbs 8 oz, 22 inches long.

I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE having to endure her receiving shots.  My poor baby.

Thankfully she was passed out before we even left the office.

These are the things that make Wonder Baby awesome so far:
  • She smiles when we play with her.  It still isn't a sure fire thing, but sometime we can beg them out of her (and sometimes she gives them away for free ;-) ).
  • Standing very strong when we hold her up.
  • Looking adorable in even the ugliest outfits (sometimes Mommy needs to be more choosy when she's digging through the drawer...Wonder Baby hates being dressed and undressed, so I pretty much have one chance to get it right).
  • SHE SLEEPS THROUGH THE NIGHT
  • Yes, you read that right.  And I don't mean in the technical definition of "5 hours straight at night means sleeping through the night".  I mean that when I woke her up for church Sunday morning, it was the first time I'd seen her eyeballs since 10 o'clock Saturday night.  I'm not totally sure what to expect at this point since she's been fairly consistent with letting me sleep until 3, 4, or 5 most nights (with the occasionally relapse of a 2 o'clock feeding).  This 8+ hours of sleep thing is only four nights old, so I guess we'll see where it goes.  In the meantime, I am L-O-V-I-N-G the sleep.  You see why I call her Wonder Baby?
  • She rides in the Moby like a champ.  She hates being put into it's just me trying to wrangle the thing, but she is pretty cooperative when I have Darren to help me.
  • Her humongous double chin.  It is 100% kissable.
  • She loves, loves, loves baths.  When she is inconsolable, we pop her in the bathtub, if only to gain a few minutes of peace (believe me, the peace ends the moment I lift her out of the water again). That being said, she hates the swimming pool thus far.  It is open now, as of yesterday, so we thought we would enjoy it as a family during the late afternoon.  Turns out babies don't like to have their feet dipped in -25 degree water. It turned into a family poolside lounging session instead, and she fell asleep.  So that was a bust. 
  • Her gigantic dark blue eyes
  • She watches us and can see us from further distances (not so great when we are trying to sneak past her crib)
  • She has discovered her thumb! Several days of busy fist sucking around naptimes led to the imminent discovery of that thumb.  We believe that could be a part of the reason she is lasting longer through the night, and it is about the cutest thing to see and hear.  However, she and I were in the big bed the other night (we made Daddy sleep on the couch =) ), and I awoke to the slurpy sounds of a baby sucking on her fist in her sleep...hard to sleep through, but still made me smile).
  • She is doing a better job of sitting in her vibrating chair and the swing, which makes it easier for me to get things done
  • Basically, she's just super duper cool.

1 comment:

David Jeter said...

Bahahaha - I see it.