Thursday, January 31, 2013

Heavy with child...still

1. I am a few days past 39 weeks, and I have to say that I am pretty proud of myself for making it this far....not like I had a choice, but I feel like a survivor since I've been whining about wanting to evict this thing for about 5 weeks now. We made it!  And I don't have to feel guilty because she won't be a preemie!

2. Today feels weird...I sincerely hope that means that today is THE day. Even if it's just the day I finally go into full fledged labor and the baby isn't born until tomorrow (in which case, labor needs to hold off until much later this evening).  In any case, I am super restless, yet I want to do nothing more than sleep. My body is stuck between forcing myself to go DO something fun to keep me from pacing around the apartment and staying in bed and forcing myself to sleep. I seriously just keep walking randomly from one place to another, like a bouncy ball. And then I end up in bed where I sleep for no more than 45 minutes at a time because by then I need to pee or shift my body because it hurts.  And you can forget productivity, Darren...I know you're reading this and thinking I could do some chores, but the focus required to even type this sentence is insane.  

It may mean nothing in the end, but today feels weird.

3. At the very least I should probably get a shower.  Then, if I feel any kind of ambition I will wrestle my tennis shoes on my feet and go for a walk in this lovely weather.  That will earn me a nap, and hopefully, a baby.

5. I've been experiencing a bunch of suspicious labor-is-nearing symptoms all week, so I'm definitely ready for something to happen. 

4. This morning I made decent oatmeal for Darren.  Go me!  This was my third attempt, and I could't be more proud. We like our oatmeal to be different consistencies, so it took a little practice to get his down.

5.  My fashion-oriented brother made a statement on his blog this week that I think is super quote-worthy: 
"I've decided that a lot of girls think they have to trade fashion for modesty, or modesty for fashion. That is not true. The immodestly dressed is the least creative. If you can catch everyone's eye without surrendering to sexuality, you've won."
6.  My current favorite song is "Girl on Fire" by Alicia Keys. She's super hot and has an outstanding voice.  The video is weird though.

Actually, I find most music videos weird, so I may not be the best judge of those.  In any case, I love the song.

7. I had originally decided not to share this just in case somebody get the wrong idea about how I feel about church, but I really want to. This blogger is pretty spot on with the emotions I often feel at church (not at the church itself, but at some of the wackadoodles who are there).

This post and the one before it are the ones to look at.  I was dying with giggles.

8. The celebrate my disgust for badly pronounced words and the people who use words that aren't real words (and have no idea that they are doing so):


Amen, sister.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Soul!!!!!! That is totally how I feel about certain things AT church! The singles in their 30's thing is dead-on! "We both like burritos. We could negotiate everything else. Is there an opening at the temple next week?"

Erin said...

#7. OH-EM-GEEEEEEE. Peeing my pants over here.

Oh, and also, sorry that baby hasn't come yet...