Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Status of Baby

1. This morning I had my 36 week OB appointment.  For lack of a classier way of saying it, I am still closed up tight and nothing has changed.  Nothing significant to anybody except for me, of course, because I promise you this: I am surprised she hasn't fallen out.

2.  I am both pleased and terribly unhappy that there hasn't been any progress.  On the one hand I would love for her birth to be as healthy and normal as possible (i.e. much closer to 40 weeks), and the more normal things stay, the more likely it is that I will get the birth I want.  On the other (more selfish) hand, I want her OUT.  And I am tired of having to think that every contraction and every cramp is one I need to pay attention to.  Everyone assures me differently, so I believe them, but one of my biggest fears remains that by the time I realize I am in labor it will be too late to make a leisurely trip to the hospital.  I am a part-time planner, so the anticipation of the unknown is driving me bonkers.

3. Also, I have managed to not tee-tee in my pants this whole time--a top priority for me.  I'm pretty gangster.

4. My final ultrasound is on Friday! I will finally get another look at this little piglet and find out what her estimated weight is.

(and if there are secretly two babies in there o.O ...dun dun dunnnnn)

(there aren't secretly two babies in there, but the idea of a last minute surprise is a little exciting, so I entertain the possibility)

(and it feels like there could secretly be five babies in there, so two wouldn't really surprise me all that much)

5. My baby shower is this weekend.  If you are wanting to come and would like to know when and where (and aren't a creeper...) just let me know, and I will hook you up with the info! It's going to be a rockin shindig.

6. Coworker Becky gave me a flipping fantastic massage today...I can't even begin to describe how much it helped my back.  She said that before I leave forever next week that she will do a full hour, full body massage, including this funny trick where she massages my belly and makes the baby do awesome things. I'm super interested to see what that is like.

7. P.S. I am probably the world's biggest prenatal massage fan. IT.IS.WORTH.IT.

8. I got myself pre-registered at the hospital this morning.  It is a step in my plan to arrive at L&D in a leisurely fashion.  None of that frantic paperwork nonsense like they show in the movies.

9. This baby girl is not the least bit intimidated by tiny living quarters. She moves frequently and dramatically. Soft and cute movements are the exception. Bless her little heart, she is making me miserable.

(I won't hold it against her)

10. My nails look amazing right now.  They are painted much like a 13-year old girl who thinks she is going to show the world a thing or two about rebellion would have hers painted. Pink with black crackle on top.

(Did I mention I was gangster?)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my sisters-in-law discovered that a certain labor inducer was not a myth....if you catch my cryptic drift. (wink, wink) Helped her get to that point where she wasn't shut up like a clam. The last 3 weeks of pregnancy she slowly opened up. From the last picture I saw of you on FB though, you don't appear to have dropped yet. Good luck! I would love to come to your baby shower but am dirt poor right now. I'm sure you'll get great stuffs.

Emily said...

Ohhh trust me. I've dropped, and I felt it happen. If her head were any lower it would be between my legs.

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

Hey, do you have a nursery theme or anything like that? Or a print on baby's bedding?

I would love to give you advice (because everyone knows I am loaded full of opinions), but I never dialated, never had a contraction, and baby girl never dropped. Even at 41 weeks. However, my feet did swell big enough that I couldn't wear ANY of my shoes.

And, super jealous of the massage. I wish I could be there to see this cool trick the massage therapist is going to do. Is that creepy?

Emily said...

It will be when I picture Phantom Erin in the darkest corner of the room the whole time...hahahaha. Just kidding! I'll let you know how it goes...I don't really understand what exactly is supposed to happen, but it sounds pretty neat.

My feet are about to that point :-/

If I had to nail down a theme it is all things girly, pastel, and pink, with a touch of vintage. I'm not much of a coordinator.