Friday, December 7, 2012

The Great Bambina is BORED

1.  I feel like the baby and I are both bored with this pregnancy.  Her behavior this week has become what can only be described as hyper.  She is exploring new places inside of me that have never been quite so abused, and she is moving SO MUCH. Like, most of the day.  I think that perhaps her sense of "of course it fits" is just as bad as mine....I'm the worst at judging whether or not I will be able to squeeze into/through certain spaces (like, between an occupied chair and a wall....for some reason I think I can suck in my ribs).  Anyway, she is stretching me in ways that I can't help but think, "Really? YOU DON'T FIT THERE. Now get back in the middle of my tummy where you don't hurt me."

We already have a sassy dialogue going between the two of us. Besties for life.

2.  I think I had my first two painful Braxton Hicks while sleeping last night.  Either that or she was practicing fencing in there.  In either case, I was sleeping and the pain woke me up enough to consider those options and then fall back asleep.  I'm going with the BH since I had a few of those during an Awake Time.

3.  My nights are currently divided into three sections: Sleep Time, Bathroom Time, and Awake Time.

Sleep Time:

When I am sleeping...obviously.

Bathroom Time:

When I am up long enough to walk to the bathroom, use the facilities, and walk back to the bed.

Awake Time:

Any time spent conscious that is not included in Bathroom Time, i.e. time spent laying in bed trying to sleep, time spent laying in bed playing on my phone because I can't sleep, time spent turning over and over in hopes I will get comfy, time spent laying there feeling the baby turn herself into whatever awesome position she feels like at the moment--usually prevents a speedy fall asleep time for her dear mom, time spent sitting on the kitchen floor with a bottle of water and a sleeve of crackers, and time spent watching TV when normal people are sleeping

I love Sleep Time. I am inconvenienced by Bathroom Time.  I have peacefully resigned myself to the throws of Awake Time.  I no longer lay there angry about it, but have accepted it as my lot. This is partly because by the time my alarm is squawking I am excessively exhausted no matter how much sleep I get (or don't get).

4. I went in for blood work yesterday and had the best phlebotomist.  I didn't feel hardly anything...she's a champ.

5. I am so excited for our first and last Christmas without kids. I feel like it is extra magical because it is our first married one, and it is 100% overshadowed with the expectation of having a little one just old enough to enjoy the merriment of next year's Christmas. Even though she won't remember it, she'll be old enough to harrass the Christmas tree, the presents, and anything else she can reach, and we'll get to experience her giggles while she does all that. I already can't wait to take pictures of it!

6. David comes home next week. Oh. My. Goodness. No offense to my other brothers, but I've never been so excited to have a sibling missionary return. It's going to be so weird. I can't wait.

I laugh so hard when I read this.   His snarky attitude is so apparent throughout the whole thing. I'm really interested to know how David of the Future (who has turned into David of the Present) reacts when he reads that again....according to his letters he's already become more of a sap than he ever planned on becoming, so I imagine that the last comment he wrote to himself will come true.

No comments: