Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Freezing my buns off

I'm so excited about this cold front...I really hope it decides to stick around for a few months.  In all the excitement, I decided that it is safe to open my window at night again! Hooray for natural cooling!

Darren insisted it was a silly idea.  It is too cold for that.

Too cold? Nonsense. Nothing is too cold for a sweaty, pregnant Emily--especially at night.

Boy, was I wrong.

Problem is, I can't close the window myself.  It is too tough.  So as soon as I knew Darren's final alarm had gone off this morning I shoved my hands under his back commenting on how so very warm he is (he generates heat like a space heater, but since we have a bigger bed now his heat does me no good unless I am touching him, which makes it hard for us to sleep. Hence, the need for a gigantic bed in which we have our own space to dwell).

He simply rolls his head towards me and says in a sleepy voice, "D'you learn your lesson?".

Yes, jerk*. I did. Now please close the window. And good morning to you too.

I'm certain it become ten degrees less cold in the room within a half hour.

Lesson learned? Darren is right when it comes to the outside temperature and window relationship. Heed his snarky remarks regarding such, and I will never freeze my buns off again.


*I insult him with nothing but the deepest love and affection from the bottom of my heart =) ...for the record, he closed my window right away.  What a hunk.

No comments: