Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Update on the baybee

(yes, that is how I usually pronounce it...except I draw the "ayyyy" and "eeee" out for much longer)

I'm fully into my second trimester now at 17 weeks, so here is a quick update for posterity (and your info, if you care to know):

  • The earlier post about the potty trips waning at the beginning of this trimester jinxed me. They say that the frequency of needing to pee decreases with the conclusion of the first trimester, but I go now more than I EVER HAVE BEFORE. I suppose that is due to the arrangement of my inner organs and the pressure on my bladder, but MAN. I go a lot.
  • I feel pregnant. I like it.
  • A friend of mine lent me a bunch of maternity clothes last week, which has made this month feel like Christmas. Or like the best school shopping of all time (as in, I spent no money AND didn't have to go shopping...win!). I feel cuter than I ever have in my life. I'm so glad it all fits.
  • I think maternity pants should be normal people pants. It's like wearing jammies all day long. And I feel like the upper part would smooth out my chubby rolls.
  • This baby is made out of potatoes.
  • I think I am feeling the baby move, but it is never at a time when I am concentrating on it, so I feel like I can't be sure. It's always while I'm in the middle of something that I feel something super slight and I suddenly am like, "Oh my heck, was that it??". But of course by then the feeling has vanished. Sneaky baby.

No comments: