Friday, April 20, 2012

Talk to me, friend

Sometimes at work I find myself so bored, and nobody is around to let me talk their ears off.  Usually when this happens I think, "I'll just make a Facebook status". But then I realize I can't cram all the millions of words running through my mind into a respectfully short status.  So then I think, "Fair enough, I'll just make a blog post".  But THEN I realize that most of what I'm thinking is either really boring or way too personal.

So then I just make a blog post about my thought process and almost come close to satisfying my need to speak at someone.

Almost.

I guess you get to hear the boring stuff.

1. I am sooooooooooo tired. So tired. It is really ridiculous since I went to sleep at 11 last night and got about 9 hours of pretty restful sleep. Whatever the case, I really want a nap right now, and I don't see that opportunity presenting itself very soon. Yayyyy.

2. Apparently I am supposed to get a meningitis vaccination before I can even register for classes.  I don't know what those are supposed to cost, but at the CVS Minute Clinic they are $151. EXCUSE ME? As though I wasn't a poor enough student. I'd rather give them a lung.  I am going to call the student health center on campus and see if they have a competitive price, as soon as I feel like looking that number up.

3.  For some reason a really slow computer makes almost anything not worth looking into.

4. I made a super duper delicious fruit syrup stuff the other day without a recipe. I am so psyched. I am going to experiment with it more, but I believe I have the makings of a very very tasty fruit pie filling.  After I attempt the pie, I will let you know how it went. My goal is to make it onto Pinterest so I can be faymus.

5. Last night we bought tomato seeds and flower seeds and little planter things for them. Mr. Hottie is going to teach me how to grow stuff, since I have a very dismal (score of zero) record when it comes to successfully navigating the plant world. We got tomatoes because he insists on it being worth it, and flowers because I enjoy looking at them more than I enjoy eating tomatoes. It's give and take around here ;-)

6. I don't know if I will ever finish the thank you cards for the wedding and shower and receptions, etc. I have completed six and there are about a million left. Thank you everybody, for everything you may have given or done. I really appreciate it, but at this rate I will be sending them out with my firstborn's graduation announcements so don't hold your breath.

7. I want to shave my head sometimes just to get the weight of my hair off, but I love my hair and want it longer. I'm still developing a solution.

8. Speaking of my hair, I don't know if I've mentioned this already, but sister-in-law Jaymie dyed my hair the weekend we were in California, and the color makes me feel super sexy. I have no idea if it actually looks good on me, but I don't mind.

9. One of our patients directed me to a shredded *dairy-free cheese at HEB! That means I don't have to drive so far to get it! This stuff tastes better anyway. I don't know about the cost difference, but whatev. I have the option of flavors, and there is a sliced cheese, so I can kick the ham sandwiches up a notch.

*still has casein in it, so I'm not sure if it's okay for severe dairy allergies

10. I have been wanting to watch Pocahontas for the last few minutes.  Unfortunately, it is not on Netflix. Thanks for nothing, Netty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are aware that getting plenty of sleep and still feeling in need of a nap is a pregnancy symptom? Maybe before you inject yourself you should urinate on a stick.

Emily said...

I am quite aware, but fatigue is old news to me...it will take a lot more than that to make me suspect pregnancy. I'm always tired! =)