Monday, January 23, 2012

Meet the fam

So, Blogger totally ruined my surprise.  I was planning on introducing a new blog after Mr. Hottie and I were married, but then my blog went AWOL on me and is nowhere to be found.  And since I can't live without a blog, I had to create my new one 2 months early. I know, bummer.


For those of you who've followed me in the past, welcome back.  For all you new fans, a little bit about me...

...and Mr. Hottie, since I'm cheesy enough to call this a family blog.

My name is Emily, as you know, and I am, in a word (or two), super awesome.  Though not near as awesome as Mr. Hottie (aka Darren).  I like eating marshmallows and laughing.  He likes macaroni and cheese (a LOT) and torturing me.  You would think those interests would coincide in a more harmonious manner, but I promise they don't. Tickling = torture.

Mr. Hottie has been away at drill for the last 4 days. He is a Navy Corpsman in the reserves attached to a Marine unit. I'm not sure if attached would be the right word, but I'm sticking with it. The point is, I got to see him come home in his camo all gross and dirty and manly after 4 days of doing military stuff sans showering facilities, and something about all that was pretty irresistably hottie mctottie. Kind of like Russell Crowe in Gladiator (I know he'll be thrilled about that comparison...). Maybe it's because underneath all that manliness is a cute little comic lover who still has a man crush on Superman.

I am so super excited to be planning the wedding that I've always dreamed of with such a sweet guy.  He is perfectly uninvolved, unless I need him to give me opinions....he may or may not have volunteered his opinion at my meeting with the cake maker this weekend.  He said under no circumstance was he missing a cake taste test.

I've picked out my dress! I am renting it from Esila Bridal. I am so grateful to have modest options nearby. I have dreaded having to default into something I wouldn't love ever since I was a kid, but these dresses are fantastic. You'll see what it looks like later....can't risk him seeing it on here!

As you can see, I am a lot consumed with wedding thoughts and plans (hurry up and get here already...).

No comments: