Thursday, May 30, 2013

Some things don't make sense

1.  Baby and I went to church with Daddy tonight, just because we could.  I'm tired of missing him when he is away.

2.  I have been wearing my undershirt wrong side out all evening, apparently.  Good thing I didn't take my shirt off in front of anybody, or that could have been embarrassing.

3.  I. love. our. stroller.  I honestly wasn't worried about ever having one, because I really didn't think that I would use it enough to justify the cost.  Pssshhawww.  I use it so much! Going on walks, for one thing.  Running errands, especially at the store (ANY store), for another. Oh my goodness.  It is worth the hassle of wrastling that thing in and out of the trunk.  Yesterday I had to make 3 stops before returning home, and despite the fact that she was (seemingly) wide awake for the first stop, she slept quite peacefully for the remainder of our outings despite her being taken from and replaced into the car several times.  I used to hate running errands (still do, actually, but it isn't her fault) because she is so heavy/cranky/hungry about it, but now I can hate it for the simple reason that I hate running errands.  Life is glorious.

4.  I got me a water bottle from Wal-Mart that holds a bajillion ounces.  It has made consuming water so much simpler for me, and much less of a burden.  My health and my improved milk supply are reaping the benefits.

5.  I am constantly amazed at my bladder's capacity to hold pee compared to when I was pregnant.  There is an enormous difference.

6.  I took a box of diapers that I received at my shower to Wal-Mart yesterday to see if they would trade it for the brand that I wanted.  They did.  Turns out my gift box was in their system, so I lucked out: 72 count box of Huggies ($15.00) traded in for a 96 count box of Luvs ($15.96).  It was worth paying $1.05 for 24 extra diapers.

Btw, I hate Huggies.  I always thought it was a myth that moms could be so picky about which brand their kid wears.  It isn't.  Huggies smell weird and they fit her toosh all wrong.  And they are sthuper e'spensthive. Love me some Luvs.

7.  TV shows have ended for the summer.  I am in mourning.

8.  The Office is over.  I am in semi-mourning, but we haven't watched the finale yet, so I refuse to officially acknowledge it's ending to my heart. As long as I don't watch it, it isn't really over, right?? Right.

9.  Promised Land milk sells this Peaches and Cream flavor.  Little Sister Julie told me about it yesterday, so I splurged today so that Mr. Hottie and I could taste it.  She was right about it.  IT'S DELICIOUS.

10.  My list of things that I want to be when I grow up is longer now that I am grown up than it ever was in the preliminary planning stages of middle school.  Being a mom is obviously numero uno, but there are other things such as: cosmetologist (this actually was my #1 when I was in middle school...I have always wanted to do hair, and it is honestly a regret that I went to college for a pointless degree that I don't use when I could have spent half the time in hair school and have a useful trade with significantly less debt....way to go, 18 year old Emily).  Lactation consultant.  Doula.  Social worker.  I know I'm forgetting one, but whatever.  You get the idea.  Why couldn't I have forseen my future and anticipated how my interests would evolve?? I should have been psychic.  Way to fail, 18 year old Emily, way to fail.

;-)

11.  The theme song from Star Trek: Voyager is in my head.  Again, I've been converted against my will to the dark side of nerdy.  Now why can't I convert him to the dark side of girly sap flicks?

12.  I laughed a lot watching this video.

No comments: