Friday, May 31, 2013

Rearranging the arrangements

I'm in the process of overhauling our apartment, which isn't super duper easy with a 4 month old who gets very jealous of things like, say, home projects that could distract me from smiling at her every waking moment.  I think she sensed the urgency of my desire to work on this, and she retaliated by being clingy and refusing to nap well.  Despite her best efforts, I accomplished much.

There is still MUCH more to be accomplished.

Oh, and, pat-myself-on-the-back moment: I was pretty tired of her incessant clingy-ness and refusal to sleep by early evening (her eyes were so red with fatigue...poor baby), so I finally stopped trying to juggle her (the holding and the cuddling and the kissing and the seemingly never-ending feeding) and what I was wanting to get done, so I changed us into our swimsuits (with her crying all the while) and we went to the swimming pool (where she rarely cries).  After a good 15 minutes of pool fun and Float Training, she was dooooooone and just as worn out as I had hoped for.  I put that sleepy baby in her jammies, fed her, and laid her unconscious hiney in bed for the next 4ish hours.  I didn't let her sleep as long as she wanted this time. I woke her around 10:00 and let her Aunt Julie entertain her for about an hour before actually putting her to bed.

And, while I'm on the train of digressing thoughts, just so you know, her Float Training is going splendidly.  She is incredibly trusting, and after a few minutes of being in the pool, coupled with intermittent sessions of fully supported floating, she will support her entire body with nothing but my hand holding her head.

I have dunked her 3 times in the last couple of weeks (a really quick down-up).  The first time, she cried.  The second time, she sputtered.  Today, she fussed and sputtered.  She really wanted to cry (and did for a second), but I showered her with so many kisses, comfort, and good jobs that she chilled out fairly quickly and just wanted to be held close for a minute.  I treat her about the same as I do for her fussy diaper changes.  I guess Momma's kiss is magical.

Sorry for such a rambling post...

No comments: