Wednesday, March 7, 2012

So much to look forward to, I really could squeal

1. According to the wedding caddy on my phone, I have 17 days, 1 hour, 36 minutes, and 29 seconds until I get to be married to my prince.

2. ...14 seconds.

3. The nesting phase is in full swing (why did nobody tell me that that was a part of getting married?). I've been dreading setting up house, mostly because I know I lose steam really fast when it comes to that kind of stuff, but something woke up in me the other day and I can't stop thinking of all the possibilities that lie in store for that little apartment. We've done a lot this week. There is still plenty to do, but we have some time. And he'll be gone to drill this weekend, so I can pretty much have my way with it.  I would love for everything to be as complete as possible before he returns! We'll see how that goes.

4. Our Celtic Woman tickets came in the mail today (!!!).  I know they were originally planned for and purchased as a Christmas gift to Russell, but I cannot deny that I am s-t-o-k-e-d about going to see them.

5. Thanks to Pinterest and wedding nesting, I have been cooking more and more lately. It's actually a lot more fun than I realized, and I'm not half as bad as some people (*cough*Darren*cough*) suspected I am.  I made twice baked potatoes for the first time (easy as heck, btw) and I can't stop thinking about them.

I love potatoes.

6. Also, this recipe for pie crust is delicious. I would love to just cook it and sprinkle powdered sugar on it. Yum!

7. I cannot wait to meet all of my new tiny relatives in a couple of weeks! Three nieces and one nephew, coming up!

(Two are nieces from my side, and the other two are a niece and nephew from his side. I'm an aunt again!)

8. I cannot wait to see The Hunger Games in a couple of weeks!

9. I cannot wait to meet Darren's family in a couple of weeks! (However, they'll probably think I'm super weird....I'm so awkward when it comes to meeting new people. Sigh.)

10. Today it is just beautiful outside...I so want to be laying out at the beach with my ipod. Happiness.

11. I wish I could flush all of the Harry Potter pins on Pinterest down the toilet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to see Celtic Woman, too. I did a little dance around my apartment when the tickets were purchased. W00T!

Anne-Marie said...

Do you know that every time you do a countdown to your wedding, I am reminded that that is my count down for losing weight...not happening! :)