Sunday, February 26, 2017

Sunday night's list

1. I'm sick. I don't like being sick, but I guess there are worse things. It started as a faint buzzing in my head and tingle in my throat this morning and has progressed throughout the day. I currently feel very flu-ish, but I've never had the flu (that I know of), so I could just be dramatic.

2. I led part of the primary in Sacram ent Meeting this morning for ward conference. They nailed it. A group of kids will never do it perfectly, but they did SUCH a good job singing "I Love to See the Temple" and "In That Holy Place" (Sally DeFord). They sat up in the choir seats and everything. It was fun to be part of that group, and I am extremely proud of them, but OH MY GOODNESS, it is terrifying to lead kids in front of everyone. The only awesome part was that my back was turned to the congregation, so I was looking at the kids the entire time. That's a muuuuuch better view. It took me a good 45 minutes or so to decompress and stop shaking. Haha

3. Speaking of primary, I have been called as the music leader. Obviously, per #2. It's intimidating, but I'm having fun reviving the old school music posters my mom used when I was in primary. I have a couple of her originals that have survived and am making more of my own in a similar style. It was my favorite way to learn the music as a kid, and the easiest way (for me) to teach it. Some people like using notebooks, but I can't keep up with the page flipping, and I don't think kids need every single word in front of them. I have a lot to learn and have also learned quite a bit already.

4. Amanda and her crew came over tonight and cleaned my kitchen and made us dinner. It was perfectly delicious, and now my belly is full and kitchen is cleaned. She gets an A+ for awesomeness!

5. I feel like poop.

XOXOXO

No comments: