Friday, August 9, 2013

Where has my mind gone?

1.  I went to bed last night without showering.  That was a mistake.  The temperatures here during the day have been somewhere around 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and the lingering armpit stench is horrendous.  During our sleep-in snuggles/feeding/sleeping this morning Emma became pretty grumpy no matter where I laid her in the bed.  I finally supported her on a pillow in a position that she could eat and fall asleep and she shut right up.  I realized that of all the positions I tried, the quietest ones were furthest from my armpits.  So I did a smell test--BOY HOWDY! I stunk.  As soon as the runt was asleep I jumped up and ran for the shower.  Poor little thing had her head in my armpit all morning.  She should win a prize.

2. She should also win a prize for getting me into the shower before 8:30 on a day I have nowhere to be.

3. I tried to strap my bra on backwards...like a rocket pack.  I'm not sure what stole those brain cells, but I'm not super impressed with myself for that one.

4. A rent house that we wanted was rented to someone else last night.  We had planned to call them this morning and commit to it. I'm super sad about it.

5. I eat oatmeal for breakfast because I'm too poor to afford the super sugary cereal I would rather have.  I'm not 100% sure how I feel about that....the responsible side of me is okay with it and applauds me, but the irresponsible side throws a fit in my head every morning.

6. If you haven't watched this video, I recommend that you do.  My sis-in-law sent it to me and I was cracking up.

7. Emma has been fighting bedtime this week, and an experienced mother gave me some advice yesterday that I was going to try--until I remembered that there was a family gathering at my grandparents'.  I thought to myself, "No big deal, she hasn't gone to bed before 10 this whole week, so she won't care.  I'll try that new thing tomorrow night".  That. little. girl. became fussy around 7:45 and fell asleep (after 45 minutes of passing her around trying to distract her) in my arms at 8:30.  At her normal bedtime.  Naturally, she was disturbed by a carseat and a car ride when we left to return home.  She has it out for me!

No comments: