Thursday, August 15, 2013

Snuggling on the couch

1.  I finally lowered the mattress in Emma's crib to it's lowest level.  Picture that in your mind along with my short legs and squatty torso.

Laying a sleeping baby down gracefully is an art that I am in the process of ATTEMPTING to master.  Epic fail tonight.  I let her cry for a bit, but she became just short of hysterical, so I rescued her and we laid down on the couch and nursed for......forever.  Daddy's been sleeping in a comfy bed for what feels like hours.

2.  She is comfortably sleeping in her cozy crib now.  Hooray!

3.  Our home-hunting has become discouraging, so I've decided to take a break for a few weeks.  The Lord will provide.  Hopefully He provides before our lease is over.  We'll be okay!

4.  Emma is becoming funnier every day.  I love to watch her watch the world.  She is such a little observer.  I hang her upside down between my knees sometimes, and she isn't even afraid.  She just turns her little head every which way, checking out how things look from an upside down perspective.

5.  I realized today that my very favorite reason for being a mom is slightly selfish: I love it because her love for me is so unconditional.  She wants me, needs me, knows me, and loves me.  I left her with Aunt Julie for a few minutes today so I could run a quick errand, and when I got back I snuck around the apartment before she noticed me so I could put things away.  As soon as she got a look at me she began spazzing with pure joy, kicking her legs and arms and smiling.  And making her hyperventilat-y happy gasps.  At that point I was caught, and fell in love all over again with her.

6.  Yesterday I was not in love with her.  Teething is horrible, and it makes for one verrrrrry unhappy, clingy, mopy and sad baby.  I feel for her, but I wish I could just push a button and the pain disappear for her.  She is such a joy when her mouth doesn't hurt.

7.  I made chicken broth tonight.  I feel so very domestic.  I also have veggies stored in the freezer rather than rotting in my fridge.  I feel so Molly Mormon.  Granted, nothing about it is organized, and I hardly every actually use veggies....which is why they rot in my fridge.  Not Molly Mormon material.

I love that pudgy hand.
This is from snuggling on the couch tonight. 

No comments: