Friday, May 24, 2013

Cabin fevah'

I've got cabin fever.

I know, I know...I bragged in a previous post about how I spend so much time outside, blah blah blah.

It isn't from being inside.  It's from staying in one location for too long.  A level of stasis, if you will.

I want to GO somewhere.  Not to the pool, not to the park.  I guess I want to get out and just go.

To be honest, I've never been all that spontaneous, but I am feeling a serious itch.  There was a time when I would go visit my sister in San Antonio several times a year.  That hasn't happened in several years (mostly due to the fact that driving has become a big ol' sleeping pill for this missus, and 5 hours kicks my toosh in a hurry!).  Occasionally, those were spontaneous trips.

And I'm sorry California family....going there didn't quite count, as far as this itch is concerned.  I need to drive somewhere.  The only real driving part of going to CA is to Houston, and not a pretty part of it either =)

If we weren't so dadgummed poor, and if it didn't mean being stuck in traffic come Monday afternoon, I would say we should have planned to go to San Antonio this weekend.  However, we are that po', and having done the SA trip on a Labor Day weekend.... let's just say I learned my lesson.

It also doesn't help that I am so tired.  I'm not letting myself take a nap because "I have so many things I need to do", but then I don't really have the energy to do much but sit here and daydream about sleeping.

On that note, Emma has woken herself more and more recently by rolling over in her sleep. It's super cute.

And super annoying.

How is it that some of my favorite behaviors of hers are also my least favorite?

Anyway, guess who summoned the Momma a little before 5:30 this morning? And then ate for almost an hour straight?  Around 6:30 I zombie-walked back to bed with her and placed her in Darren's vacated spot. I then attempted to sleep while she hung out, grunting, scooting and talking to herself, for what felt like forever.  She even fussed a bit, but eventually she settled down and let mommy sleep until 9:30 (all except those times she would wake up enough to whine about it...like when she scooted into my hand.  I woke up to her slapping and trying to grab it--so cute).

I'm extremely tired.

I am pretty sure that, baby willing, Darren and I will be sleeping all weekend.  Yay, Memorial Day!

No comments: