Friday, March 16, 2012

Life just got awesome

Courtesy of my amazing BFF Melanie, I received a CROCK POT in the mail yesterday!

Straight off my registry.

Oh boy, am I p-u-m-p-e-d. 

It is going on its maiden voyage tonight as I prepare my very first corned beef and cabbage stew.

(Darren's numero uno favorito holiday is St. Patrick's Day, and I have a  bizarre love for obscure holidays that people celebrate for the fun of it......and by that I mean I love food.)

It is going to be oh-so delicious.

We are going to have a feast tomorrow afternoon that mostly consists of corned beef and green food coloring (see: green mashed potatoes and green icing with green sugar sprinkles on my super delicious snickerdoodles I mixed up yesterday).

World class fatties, right here.

Oh, our feast will also consist of ginger ale because we are too sober for alcohol. And Chief O'Brien, the Irish man from Deep Space Nine (...the side of Darren I couldn't see upon our first meeting...) always drinks ale, so, obviously, we need a form of ale at our meal.

But it's cool, I'm basically Irish, so I can celebrate however I want.

No comments: